CareerSec: Securing Your Advancement in the Cyber Workforce
Unlock Your Potential in Cybersecurity Career
In the cybersecurity world, we worry about attackers' “lateral movement” paths all the time. We don’t want an attacker to have the ability to move through our network, increase their footholds, and ultimately steal our data.
Cybersecurity professionals focus on how to prevent an attacker’s lateral movement but do not always focus enough time on how to prevent their own career lateral movement. This course changes that.
This video and guide are the framework and mindset I’ve created to advance my own career over the years.
These approaches have helped me accelerate my own career growth and dramatically improved my earning potential.
Your past self wishes you knew this five years ago. Your future self will thank you for learning it now.
Who is this for?
- You are someone who wants to advance in their cybersecurity career, but feel stuck.
- You are willing to be bold and go after what you want, but don't know where to start.
- You are someone who works hard and puts effort into everything they do but wants to hear first-hand how someone else has advanced.
- You are someone who has big goals and aspirations for your career and whoever you support.
- Maybe you're already pretty far in your career, but don't know how to break into the top ranks. I’ll explain how I did just that.
What will you get out of this?
I’ve done a lot of guessing, checking, and iterating and I’ll share what has worked and continues to work for me.
- You will learn how to take an offensive approach to your career.
- You will learn how to leverage social and human networks to make yourself shine and stand out.
- You will get actionable intelligence on giving yourself the best chances to succeed.
- You will learn how to market yourself and network without feeling cringy.
- 🎯 Focus - Getting out of the "job," pivoting to the "resilient career," and more
- ✅ Plan - Closing gaps, creating a personal hype plan, and more
- 🔬Iterate - Building the skills for the next job, creating experiences, and more
- 🔼 Advance - Generalize first, take more shots, and more
- 🔮 Reflect - Mistakes to Avoid, When to say no, and more
- 👾 Extras - When to leave your current job, Sounding executive, and more
- All of the above content to refer back to at your pace
- Checklists, scripts, and action items to put the concepts into practice
- Links to additional resources and inspiration
- A 55-minute video with actionable advice you can use today to advance your career
- A Notion page with actionable steps and resources to dive deeper
Why only 55 minutes? Because everything in this course is actionable and relevant. No fluff. I focus only on the areas within your control.
Praise from Others:
- "A guide like this was missing for Infosec professionals , Love the candid and honest guidance . Good stuff and keep going." - Vinay
- ”Only about 15 mins into the career course and yeah that’s some real talk. Having spent 17 years at the same company I can reconcile that “loyalty” to what averaged out to 2% a year salary increases and losses of skill even though I had multiple roles of increasing responsibility. It was with side hustles (contracts doing odd tech jobs) being where I learned the extra value. Job moves since 2019 with the 18-24 month aggression have increased my compensation by over 100% and immeasurable increase in happiness.” - Rick
- ”Game changer, am loving it too… awaiting the updates” - Dann
Hey, I'm Mike Privette and I've spent most of my career in the cybersecurity field. Cybersecurity has been an amazing field for me and I want to help as many people as I can succeed in the same way I have. My goal is to help you skip the years of trial and error that I went through. You might also enjoy my Twitter, the Job Indecision Calculator, and The Security, Funded newsletter.
Unlock the framework and the tools you need to move onward and upward.